Well this is a surprise! Fellow blogger Hayley Knighten (Books Are Delicious) has nominated me for the
WOO!! Thank you, Hayley!
But there are some rules I have to follow now that I’ve been nominated.
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Well, I’ve already thanked and linked Hayley, shown the award, and listed the rules so on with the show!
7 Facts About Me
1. My husband and I knew each other about 3 months before getting engaged. During the engagement I left the USA to work in Japan for a year. About a year or so after I returned we finally got married…in South Korea where his family lives.
2. I grew up with dogs and cats and I’ve loved them all but I’ve always been a cat person. I love how independent they are! I’m also terrified they’re going to bite me.
3. I went outside to play with our first cat when I was a little kid and found her dead. I thought she was sleeping so I told her to wake up but no, she had died of old age. Her name was Tina and she gave me a scar on my arm that I still have over 20 years later.
(zombie kitty…so cute!)
4. I tend to laugh in serious or stressful moments. It makes me the worst liar ever because I’ll laugh whether or not I’m lying and then everyone thinks I’m lying. Needless to say, lying is a rare thing for me.
5. I completed my minor in Japanese Language through sheer determination, not from any mad language skills. I cried from relief after my final was done. I love Japan but, wow, I suck at languages. Yes, and I still went to live in Japan despite my supremely awful language skills. And I survived! It’s amazing what you can do when people think you’re a celebrity. WOO!
6. I started writing when I was in 4th or 5th grade, so sometime between 8-10 years old. I wrote one horror story about werewolves and kept rewriting it till the 7th grade when I was about 11 or 12 years old. The teacher read it in class and everyone liked it.
7. I wanted to major in geology when I was in University. I decided against it because the major needed some serious skills in math and science. Skills which I don’t have. If I had majored in geology, I would’ve wanted to specialize in volcanology because, let’s face it, volcanoes ROCK!!! (no pun intended)
Whew! That took a lot of thought! It probably wouldn’t have were I not watching Insidious 2 while I write this. On to the nominations! Some of these have been nominated already because they’re so awesome that others things they’re awesome as well.
4. 300 Stories
7. Tone It Up
11. Between Worlds
12. Sprouted Roots
15. Marissa Meyer
I think a lot of these blogs have been nominated already for this award because most of the blogs I come across are those who have either commented on my blog or have been suggested by other bloggers I follow.
I’m curious how the award started and why it has the rules it has. For example, why 7 facts and 15 nominations? Why not fewer nominations? Wouldn’t that make it more special?
Anyway, I’m happy I was thought of for this award. It means somebody thinks I’m doing a good job. Yay!
Have you ever been nominated for any awards? Which one(s)?